 Castle / 13032
  New release of Castle series

Not considering the Harry Porter theme as a Castle theme, am I right to say that Lego has not release any new Castle sub-theme since the King Leo and Cedric the Bull sub-theme in 2000? P.S. Anyone can tell me on around which month Lego is going to (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Lego hasn't released any full blown castle series since then, but two individual sets the old Guarded Inn (rerelesed), and the new Blacksmith's Shop are both availbale now. Not only are they among the best lego sets available now, they are (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) That is correct. HP is closely related to Castle, but not castle in itself... it is a license to produce toys based on the movie. The last theme(s) where Knights Kingdom (Leo's Lions vs Cedric's Bulls). (...) I think since year 2000, Lego has (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) I agree, both sets have wonderful parts and are pretty good on their own also. I wouldn't mind seeing a reasonably priced castle set though for extra knights, horses, weapons, and parts. (...) Yeah... Hopefully BFF, the yellow castle is a bit (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) thanks Magnus. Agree with you very much on the new Blacksmith's shop, it's really good, a nice combination of the old Town theme components and the castle components. I've bought it also. And I like Hao-yang Wang's notes: "Once assembled, this (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Actuall I did purchase most of the King Leo sub-theme except the King Leo's Castle which I think is simply not worth US$110. To me it worth US$75 at most. Ha ha, ashamed that I bought the 6097 Night Lord's Castle recently. The reason mainly I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Well, they won't re-release it exactly, but it is on the voting list for the next Legends set in a modified form. Frank (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) In the US, Lego has been doing semi-annual and quarterly releases since at least 1997, probably even earlier. The first spring release I specifically remember was the "Aqua Raiders" mini-theme. Before then, I didn't really pay much attention. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Jackie, MOC = My Own Creation IMHO = In My Honest Opinion, or In My Humble Opinion Bruce (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Hi, Frank. Is there a voting list? Where can I find it? Do you know is Lego really taking into account such voting list when they plan their re-release? Thank you. Jackie (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) The first mid-year release I can remember was Blacktron I, which I first saw in August 1987. The next year, Futuron came out in the fall, and ever since then there's been one mid-year release or another. Pirates also come to mind in 1989... (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

Hi Jackie, it's all right here: (URL) will explain everything. Hope that helps. ~Adam (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Yep-- I can remember looking at the catalogs and thinking "I can't wait" (though I was only 10 at the time, so I wouldn't have gotten them on the "release dates" anyway; I'd still have to wait for my birthday or Xmas). I checked the 1987 (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) In a previous message: "Brad Justus, Sr. VP of Lego Direct did a question and answer session at Brickswest. I have completed the transcript of this event. You can download the .pdf file from here. (URL) Herrera" although the transcript is no (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) If they make "real Crusaders" I would also like to see some real Saracins to beat back the filthy European invaders! ;-) Seriously, If people want to see "new" castle series, why doesn't someone do a poll of MOC's on Brickshelf (and other (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

I found the transcript here (URL) ...stus_qa.pdf after reading it i found out i was wrong about the TLC vs Lego direct thing but read question 35, he said they probably wouldnt do a major retail theme, (but he doesnt garantee) peter your replys are (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) I agree wholeheartedly that they should come out with some Saracens. Curved swords, round shiels w/spike, funky turban helms. I would love it! If not, I would even settle for Moors. Aaron D. (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) I think this could be a great theme. It would open up other great possibilities, like a castle in tan with an Eastern flavour. Perhaps it could also go in the direction of fairy tales/fantasy with flying carpets and the like, which might be (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) If it were up to me I would pass on the fairy tale/fantasy elements. But I will take some Lego Camels! (the animal kind) (...) Good idea, although I dislike disfiguring my Lego weapons. Another approach would be to use the purple turban from (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: *New release of Castle series*

(...) ~Take a look ! (URL) ¤Sincerely, --==RïçhårÐ==-- (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.general)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) For me, I think an early roman theme would do quite good as well, or for that matter, a renedition of the crusader wars from the 12th century (I think). What would really do well, would be that we already have an abundance of roman style (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) I agree with what you say about the romans, but *why limit to the romans* when there are lots of people from the Classic Ages? Think Greeks, Phoenicians, Chartaginians, Gauls, Germans, Britons,... it would be a never-ending theme, every year (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Oh hey! I'd definitely go for some Saracens - and I wouldn't turn down some Byzantines to beat back the Islamic invaders <g>. But I'd *really* love some Saracens. And Greeks, and Romans, and Persians..... Bruce (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Knight's Kingdom helmet is roman styled?!? Surely you don't mean the kettle hat? Perhaps the ersatz salade the Bulls (and earlier) have - I'd like to see a real roman helmet rather than press that into service. (...) Chain would be far more (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Oh Yah, ToTaLlY! Castle is among the best themes for future development!!! There are so many different periods that haven’t even been explored! And even more than periods, past cultures can be explored. Not jus’ the ethnocentric westernized (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Totally agree. Say for example I will rather buy more MISB of old castle sets in ebay instead of the juniorised King Leo's Castle. Jackie (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Hi, Adam. Thanks very much for letting me know. I have just visited the site and vote for the Yellow Castle also (I already have the Black Falcon's Fortress!) Too bad my other favourites e.g the Black Monarch's Castle, or Eldorado Fortress (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Vow, I agree. (I am a Chinese, hehe) It will be great to have a theme of the Chinese Martial Art World. Have you guys seen the movie "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?". Jackie (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) 38 Pope Urbans!!! HAHA HA HAH HAHA HAHAHH AHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAAA!! That was such a good one. Maybe they could be converted into nobles, merchants, tradesmen and the like. Well this is all a fantasy, Lego will probably team up with some ridiculous (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

Hi Pedro, "Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> wrote in message news:GvIBGx.DH8@lugnet.com... (...) romans* (...) a (...) This is a great idea. I'd love to see such a theme. "LEGO antique civilizations" maybe? This theme could go on for years: chariots, (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

I think that something along the crusader line would be pretty cool, although dwarves and elves would be neat, too. Im new to this and not a member yet, just a posting personota. Although I would bite at any new castle. I am pretty short on those (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

I believe the prospects for official ancient toy themes relies on popular entertainment. (Personally, I'd rather not see an official one.) Unfortunately that iron has been heated and cooled already. The "Sword and Sandals" genre in the past few (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) ? *Ahem*... not those! Coffee was only introduced in the Renaissance, from Arabia! ;-) (But here's a new idea - Renaissance!!! And I'd be especially interested in this one, hehe!) (...) Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking of. It has an (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Not only that, the *whole* Chinese lifestyle portrayed in LEGO. And when I said Chinese, I was only giving an example of what could be done with positive results. India, Incas, Aztecs (but not like in the Johnny Thunder theme!) would also be (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

You have of course seen K.K. Quah's stuff? (worth mentioning again) (URL) Great Wall of China for instance One non-military detail for example, there's a village with a fisherman (High Wheeler page) (URL) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Picture Boba Fett's helmet in a different colour - and you have an hoplite's helmet! The same would be possible with a modified normal helmet (without the chin-strap), and an upside-down normal visor, also modified to fit a cocarde. If we can (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Haha! I just found my son's Boba Fett helmet lying around about an hour ago and put it on a scale mail guy from Castle and was going to ask if anyone has sawed off the backpack yet! Actually, I chop up the bat-wing helmet to make a Corinthian (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Pedro, I agree totally. Really lots to explore from the history for the Castle Theme! Jackie (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

That's cool. Thanks for letting us know, Erik. Jackie (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) I had seen the GWoC in brickshelf, IIRC. One good thing about KK's design is the use of the modular walls, which would represent a good path for an eventual chinese theme by LEGO, allowing any such collection to grow without physical limits. (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) You may have been the first to do so! (...) Another possible source: the original Aquazone helmets - the ones from Aquasharks. (...) I dunno about the third one, but it is possible. As a matter a fact, if you start counting all popes so far, (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

Hi all, Just a thought on this stuff about introducing specific historical lego, I think most of us would like a return to the European-style castles that dominated the 80s and early 90s but keep in mind that these castles were still generic (not (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.castle)