Re: [ldraw.org] Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:10:54 GMT

At 08:52 AM 8/20/99 , Mike Stanley wrote:
Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
If there ever was brick image that was particularly risky to display in a
logo, I would think it would be a red 2xN.

Yeah, as much as I think this whole "trade dress" thing is silly, I
agree 100% with Todd right here.

Well, if we were to contact TLG, what would be the best approach to it, to
get  on their good side?  I'm not totally objected to contacting them, I
just would like to make sure we've done everything we can to have them not
jump on us beforehand.

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE ldraw.org - I love all the hard work
that's gone into it.  And maybe it's just the fact that I'm colorblind
that makes it easy for me to say this, but I think you'd be a LOT
safer changing the logo to something like a green brick, or maybe even
an orange brick.  Maybe blue, but better something TLG has never used
and probably won't use in a logo.

I like the concept of Bram's fading wireframe brick, and that was my
original plan for the logo (months ago, before his image release) and I
tried, but lacked the skill to make it all come together.  One thing is I
like the angle of the brick that is currently on ldraw.org.  What about the
'front' three studs fading to wireframe, the end and then the middle right
stud on it?  I have no problem with changing it to a faded logo, but I
would object to a colorless wireframe only.  And also, may I point out that
the angle of the 2x3 is opposite the angle on the System logo - this may be
a slight distinction.

-Tim Courtney
  ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org