Re: [ldraw.org] Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:19:14 GMT

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:59:36 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

What about the brick fading from outline to raytrace as the logo.  That seems to
me different enough from the LEGO uses of bricks, and it is certainly more
original.

I'm not sure how well that image would work as a small icon.  But it would
be cool.

As long as it was a color other than red, it would probably be OK.

A plain wireframe brick would be good as a logo, as well.  Particularly if
it did the lines-for-studs presentation of LEdit.  But that might have the
problem of looking distinctly not-LEGO, which would send the wrong message
to newcomers.  They might think, "Oh, this is a sort-of LEGO thing, but
they do weird wires instead of studs."

OK, never mind about the LEdit-style.  An LDLite-style wireframe would be
good.

What would be neat is to use the keyboard tile and computer screen brick to
make a virtual image of a LEGO computer.  But then we not only have the
issue of trade dress, but copyright violations!  Why don't we just turn the
bricks upside down, and show off the patented tubes?  Argh!

Steve