 Publishing / 714
Re: backgrounds logo image (was: Re: [ldraw.org] Update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 14:31:06 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

<snip a bunch of technical stuff>

OK, OK. I still think I'm right though, just too lazy to compose as long
a reply as you did. I'm arguing about something which I think is to YOUR
benefit, so I'll stop. I may be trying to teach the proverbial pig to
sing. I certainly seem to have gotten muddier than I intended.

Note that in the case of Fibblesnork, you explicitly require a link
back, but under your current interpretation, it has to be a text link.
Yawn. Rather early 90s. :-)

Uf-da.  Now where does it state *that*?

One line below what you just revised :-)...  Quoting from the Terms of
Use:

2. Every page you use with one of these backgrounds must include a link
back to this page so that everyone knows the origin and can find all
the colors. The URL for this page is
http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/backgrounds/

Now don't go removing that requirement!!! It's very very reasonable.
People SHOULD have to link back. Credit where it is due. However if you
wanted to revise it to say that the link back had to be from somewhere
on your site instead of every page, it would be nice.. not for me, I
already have it on every page, but I also have a disclaimers page that
you can get to from every page.

Why do I feel like I'm being trolled again?

No idea. I'm not *trying* to troll you.

lugnet.