Re: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:48:18 GMT

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Tim Courtney wrote:

HOW TO REPORT BUGS YOU FIND

PLEASE report ALL bugs on the site HERE IN THE LUGNET.CAD.DEV.ORG.LDRAW
NEWSGROUP, not by private email!!  This will ensure that we don't get
duplicate bug reports and we will have one place to go for a list of all we
need to fix.  We appreciate your cooperation in this matter, and encourage
you to find errors on the site so they can get fixed.

Okay.  I don't think these fall into the categories of known bugs you
mentioned. . .

On this page:
http://www.ldraw.org/library/unofficial/
it talks about downloading unofficial parts one-by-one, but only provides
a link to download them all at once.  This link is broken.

Following the "Official Files" link (from, e.g., the main page) gives you
a file not found.

I like the picture of the three minifigs on
http://www.ldraw.org/community/
but that shield is not a real LEGO part---all of the Black Falcon shields
LEGO released have either a blue border or a yellow border (pick, pick. .
.)

Not bugs, but issues:

Shouldn't
http://www.ldraw.org/download/
include a space for "Other" operating systems, even if it's currently
empty?  Surely there must be people who want to or have written tools for
Solaris, FreeBSD, IRIX, BeOS, etc.  (In fact, searching LUGNET shows lots
of messages in CAD about SGIs, although I suppose they could be running
Linux. . .and I see that POV-RAY should run on Amigas.)

I think the middle part of the main page (reference, download, community,
parts library) would be more navigable if each header *were* a head (say,
<H3>) and the items after each head were in a bulleted list.  Right
now it looks like a glob of words.

It might be nice to start the top bar menu navigation on the first page,
so it looks more like the other pages (and that way you don't have to
scroll down).

I'm not seeing a reason why the tables used fixed rather than relative
width[1]. . .

Overall, it looks good to me (granted, I don't use the LDraw system of
tools, so I'm not the target audience).

TWS Garrison
tgarriso@math.purdue.edu
   http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/

[1] Yes, I know that a line of text should not contain more than 66
characters, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem here, I think.