Re: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:13:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:

"TWS Garrison" <tgarriso@math.purdue.edu> wrote in message

I like the picture of the three minifigs on
http://www.ldraw.org/community/
but that shield is not a real LEGO part---all of the Black Falcon shields
LEGO released have either a blue border or a yellow border (pick, pick. .
.)

Doh!  Can't ya tell I'm not a Castle fan? :-)  I think I used a gray shield
with the printing on it for the model.... it might be a part error?  Steve?

What are you asking me for?  You did the rendering.  It's part 3846p43.
It's one of those special patterned parts, where main color specifies
the *pattern* color, not the base part's color.  In this case, it's the
border color.  If it rendered gray, chances are you set the color to 7.

Not bugs, but issues:

Shouldn't
http://www.ldraw.org/download/
include a space for "Other" operating systems, even if it's currently
empty?  Surely there must be people who want to or have written tools for
Solaris, FreeBSD, IRIX, BeOS, etc.  (In fact, searching LUGNET shows lots
of messages in CAD about SGIs, although I suppose they could be running
Linux. . .and I see that POV-RAY should run on Amigas.)

IMO there's not enough critical mass to support them.  Not closed to the
idea, I just don't want to put the effort into putting something
up/maintaining something that not many people will use.

So what?  If someone wants to contribute a GUI editor that runs on X
Windows from a Solaris server, we should support it on the site.  If
there's nothing there now, it's a good place to put an plea for more
tools.

Steve