Re: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:19:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:

I do not want to hear complaints about the website design, the code, or
anything of that nature.

Why not?  It's not like anyone has said, "I don't like fixed-width
pages; they really waste space on my super-duper hi-res monitor".  Most
of the postings I've read have been useful and to the point.

If people have problems with the website, they should free feel to post.

I am aware of some of the issues and Steve, Jacob,
Terry, and I will discuss this privately and deal with it as we see fit.
This is not open to public discussion.

Why is not for public discussion?  Is ldraw.org suddenly not an LCAD
community site?

I do not want to be nitpicked to death publicly about this.

There's a difference between posting information/suggestions/complaints,
and 'nitpicking to death'.

I'm sorry if the above sounds harsh.

I'm sorry if my reply sounds harsh.

I am frustrated when my HTML decisions
(outside of the bug reports I asked for) are put on trial publicly though.

I don't know what other feedback you got from people, but I know you
basically blew off my input.

Especially after spending months of my free time to put this together for
everyone.

I can understand your frustration.  But shutting everybody down isn't
the way to deal with it.

I appreciate the concerns about the fonts, that's not what I'm coming down
on.  I'm coming down on the table criticism buried in the font thread.

Hey, if one of your server admins says the site basically unusable for
him, that's a serious problem.  Probably a problem worth public
attention.

I do want to hear where broken links or erroneous information are on the
site, so they can be fixed.

I already emailed my stuff (for LDAO) to Daniel.

Steve