 CAD / 7155
7154  |  7156
Subject:
A couple of tutorial items (Was: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 02:21:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney writes:
PLEASE report ALL bugs on the site HERE IN THE LUGNET.CAD.DEV.ORG.LDRAW
NEWSGROUP, not by private email!!  This will ensure that we don't get
duplicate bug reports and we will have one place to go for a list of all we
need to fix.  We appreciate your cooperation in this matter, and encourage
you to find errors on the site so they can get fixed.

Okay, I've found a few, just in the tutorial area.  I'm replying online as
requested, but warning, my item #2 could be a little insensitive.

1:  In Brad Hamilton's Freeform Camera position tutorial,
http://www.ldraw.org/reference/tutorials/freeform , the POV source code of a
camera block has some weird formatting.  It looks like the newlines were all
yanked out (probably just need some <BR>'s in there).

2:  In Jonathan Knudsen's "Drawing LEGO Models",
http://www.ldraw.org/reference/tutorials/drawing , there's another POV
camera snippet where he wants to move the camera away from the model.  I was
going to trash this up and down, how Jonathan handles the vaxis_rotate()
code, but then I realized, he's right.  The l3p-generated camera block can
be intimidating.  So...I'll whip up a quickie tutorial on that.

Um, that's it for now.  From what I've seen so far, the site looks good.  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat