Re: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 06:43:04 GMT

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com> wrote in message
1. I don't know about anyone else, but the Downloads column of each of the
various OS download pages (all of which say "Not Yet Available") make it
sound like none of the tools can be downloaded yet.  Perhaps it should be
something like "# of Downloads" instead?

Yeah I was thinking that too. :-)  I hope this will be out of the way soon,
after the content/link issues are worked out I'll sit down and play with the
redirect program that will gather the stats for the # of downloads...

(not that I'll be standing up while fixing the broken links and all...) ;-)

The same complaint applies to the Downloads field on the actual download
pages.  (Also, as a nitpick, it says "Not Currently Available", which is
inconsistent with "Not Yet Available" on the tabular list ;-)

Heheh...

2. If the user-based software rating system is currently non-functional • (as
it appears to be), it should probably say so somewhere.

The rating system is functional.  The number of download statistics is not.

Go ahead, rate a program.  Stats are compiled once an hour, 47 minutes past
the hour if I remember right.

Perhaps it should mention that, though.

Overall, though, I really like the new layout.

Thanks! :-)

-Tim