 CAD / 7171
Re: A couple of tutorial items (Was: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:10:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.cad, Lars C. Hassing writes:
I don't know when Jonathan Knudsen wrote his tutotial,
but the camera angle option -ca has been there since January 1999.
http://home16.inet.tele.dk/hassing/l3p_ca.html
- or he just overlooked it.
In stead of uncommenting the orthographic keyword,
it's better to use e.g. -ca1.
The effect is the same, but you can still enjoy L3P's
automatic camera positioning.

Actually what I think this shows is that there really *are* people out
there who would like a -co option on the command line to automatically
uncomment the orthographic keyword.

One such example is if I were creating building instructions for a
mecha and wanted to focus on the left foot for a particular step.
I think it's pretty well established that a true orthographic projection
makes for the easiest to understand instructions.  Also in this case,
the l3p automatic camera positioning does me no good because it focuses
on the whole model, not just the left foot.  However I still want the
whole model built because this is the step where I attach the foot to
it.  I apologise if this example sounds too contrived.

Don