Re: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:27:19 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

"TWS Garrison" <tgarriso@math.purdue.edu> wrote in message

Not bugs, but issues:

Shouldn't
http://www.ldraw.org/download/
include a space for "Other" operating systems, even if it's currently
empty?  Surely there must be people who want to or have written tools for
Solaris, FreeBSD, IRIX, BeOS, etc.  (In fact, searching LUGNET shows lots
of messages in CAD about SGIs, although I suppose they could be running
Linux. . .and I see that POV-RAY should run on Amigas.)

Basically somebody needs to feel like maintaining such a
page. The Linux pages didn't come until I started writing
them, so just start writing, if you feel there is a need.

So what?  If someone wants to contribute a GUI editor
that runs on X Windows from a Solaris server, we should
support it on the site.

Certainly. Has anybody tried to compile LDGLite on Solaris?
I will give it a try on OS/2 when I find some time to dig
out a C++ compiler for Warp 3.

Jacob
--
"Alle telnet-dæmoner bør aflives"