 CAD / 7164
Re: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 05:47:23 GMT

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney writes:

PLEASE report ALL bugs on the site HERE IN THE LUGNET.CAD.DEV.ORG.LDRAW
NEWSGROUP, not by private email!!  This will ensure that we don't get
duplicate bug reports and we will have one place to go for a list of all • we
need to fix.  We appreciate your cooperation in this matter, and • encourage
you to find errors on the site so they can get fixed.

Thanks!!

-Tim

Interestingly, I don't see anywhere in this post where Tim requires anyone
to critique the new design of the LDraw.org site, suggest changes to the
underlying code, or complain about the months of hard work he and others
have put into the site re-vamp...just bug reports for errors like missing
links and the like...why anyone busting his balls on the design and such • is
beyond my understanding.

Thanks Matt. :-)

A clarifiacation:

I do not want to hear complaints about the website design, the code, or
anything of that nature.  I am aware of some of the issues and Steve, Jacob,
Terry, and I will discuss this privately and deal with it as we see fit.
This is not open to public discussion.  I do not want to be nitpicked to
death publicly about this.

I'm sorry if the above sounds harsh.  I am frustrated when my HTML decisions
(outside of the bug reports I asked for) are put on trial publicly though.
Especially after spending months of my free time to put this together for
everyone.

I appreciate the concerns about the fonts, that's not what I'm coming down
on.  I'm coming down on the table criticism buried in the font thread.

I do want to hear where broken links or erroneous information are on the
site, so they can be fixed.

-Tim