Re: Official model repository situation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 13:20:59 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

Ya, I totally agree on an (optional or maybe not optional) M part -- it's
incredibly is helpful for sets with the same number that also came out in
the same year -- for example 1974 Star Quest, 1974 Smuggler's Hayride, and
1974 Flyer Cracker U.S.A. -- all came out in 1989 in a single value pack
also numbered 1974.

LUGNET's sets DB at <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/> basically does something
similar to the M thing, where it optionally puts a "_1" or "_2" after the
set number.  It's not pretty but it works out OK.

  Why not use the same naming convention as the LUGNET DB ? That way we
can cross-reference easily, there could be an option to download the
.dat file just like there is now a "download building instructions from
brickshelf". Well, assuming Todd likes the idea... :)

Leonardo