Re: Official model repository situation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:13:44 GMT

You, know, it's funny that you asked this, Ryan, because I meant to talk to
Tim about it last night, but totally forgot. On the way home I was thinking
about LDraw stuff when I remembered the OMR. I was getting ready to write a
message to Tim, when I saw these posts, so I guess I'll just combine it into
this. The OMR is something that I had really hoped would be functioning, at
least in a small way, by now. Ryan, were you asking because of interest in
helping with it? If so in what way?

Tim,
Well, you answered one of my questions. I was going to ask if it had been
discussed at all over the weekend.
Second, now that things for my Lego fire department have slowed down, I can
again devote more time to this, and since I am going to be doing the models
that I have, as well as hopefully some from a friend, I would be more than
willing to do more than just Ldraw them. I'm not sure about the other people
who had offered to help, Jeff Stembel, I believe was basically the only
other one, but I'm still willing and available if there's anything I can do.
If you want I can send you the header/naming information. I think the only
thing I had changed from what you came up with, was maybe just expanding the
header. I'd have to look back to see for sure. There were no major changes,
though. I'd be willing to do up a step by step process for doing an official
model. But I would like to see ant least some progress with the OMR and
since you and some of the others have bigger things to deal with, I'd like
to help out in any way.
Just let me know what you would like done and if you want any of the above
mentioned things done.

Ryan Dennett

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
"Ryan Farrington" <ryanjf@ifriendly.com> wrote in message
It's been some time since the Official Model Repository has been mentioned.
What is the status of it?

Regards,
--Ryan

We're working on it :-)

I did discuss this with Leonardo this weekend, and that's pretty low priority
right now compared to other more important things like parts license, government
structure, parts approval/distribution.

-Tim