Re: Official model repository situation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:26:41 GMT

Ryan:

And here's another issue.  The Brickshelf has
self-imposed restrictions to not have scans of
instructions for sets from 1997 or later.  Should the
OMR have a similar restriction?

The whole idea of the OMR is very much in a grey area
copyright-wise, so I suggest that those in charge of the OMR
contact LEGO, explain the situation, and ask them what they
find is reasonable.

Jacob

PS: You could also ask your own lawyer, but I doesn't cost
    as much to ask LEGO.
--
"There are only two types of data:
                         Data which has been backed up