Re: LDraw.org Official Model Repository Standards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:35:13 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:
SUBDIRECTORIES
Subdirectories will be used to keep files for each individual set in its
own folder. The subdirectory structure will follow the pattern of
C:\lego\ldraw\models\sets\XXXXM-YYYY

I would just mark this as ..ldraw\models\sets\, clarifying that each user
can choose where on their hard drive to put the LDraw directory.

I don't quite understand what this means, probably because I've just been
unaware as to what the OMR actually is.  Is it a center where you download
models into a standard directory, as is done with 'Parts'?

And one question about sub-models and components: do we make another .dat
file (with headers and all) only if there are steps in the instructions of
that object?

Regards,
--Ryan