 CAD / Development / 2347
Re: Parts with odd angles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:32:40 GMT

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 03:32:29 GMT, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K) wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:48:14 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

Wouldn't it at least make sense to put the angle in the description where
possible?  Most new LDrawers probably wouldn't think (or know how) to look in
the part header.  Just adding "15Deg" wouldn't make most part names too long.

That *might* work.  What does everyone think?
We need to standardize it, whatever we do.
The reason I would use the 'KEYWORDS' is because those do show up in the
Anders' ldlist program.

It makes sense on some parts, not on others.  It would fit in well with the
Technic Angle Connectors, not so well with the minifig drill.

Speaking of the drill, something should be done with the minifig hand,
which has an incorrect angle at the wrist.  Just to make things more
complicated.

Here's a radical thought:  change "Technic" to "Tech" for the whole category,
giving an extra 3 characters to work with.

Maybe.  Opinions?

It's not worth messing up the Technic to get the three characters.

I just had the same experience with the minifig tool drill, rotating it to fit
in a minifig's hand.

I've done that as well.

Due to safety concerns, please be sure the drill is unplugged before
mounting.

Steve