 CAD / Development / 2346
Re: Parts with odd angles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:32:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K) writes:

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:48:14 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

Wouldn't it at least make sense to put the angle in the description
where possible?  Most new LDrawers probably wouldn't think (or know
how) to look in the part header.  Just adding "15Deg" wouldn't make
most part names too long.

That *might* work.  What does everyone think?  We need to standardize
it, whatever we do.

In my opinion, adding "15Deg" or whatever to the end of the description
sounds standardized enough for me.  But I'm probably not experienced
enough with LDraw to tell.

Here's a radical thought: change "Technic" to "Tech" for the whole
category, giving an extra 3 characters to work with.

Maybe.  Opinions?

Personally, I don't like it.  I don't think the conversion from
"Technic" to "Tech" worth the extra three characters gained.  But that's
just my subjective opinion.

Fredrik

What about removing some items from "Technic"?  Like make some new categories,
such as axles, beams, and gears?  Personally I think the "Technic" category is
to big and varied.  Motors and battery boxes and such could go into electric,
and misc. technic elements would stay in "Technic".  Your thoughts?

Jeff
- "She attacked right in the middle of your monologue!"