 CAD / 4448
Re: More newbie questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 13:19:38 GMT

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Rui Martins wrote:
[...SNIP...]
I think Not, MPD won't act as a virtual direcotry, since you can only use it to
represent the model contained within it, not several, unless they all are part
of a larger model, (same tree root) i.e. the first file included in the MPD.

That's not exactly true.  The original MPD spec did not require that all
archived files be part of a single model.  With the addition of path
information on the 0 FILE statement, it is possible to throw a bunch of
different files into an MPD.

Yes, but how do you do to draw only one of those models of the bunch in the MPD
?

I think you can't unless, you edit the first file (index) of the MPD.

With this in mind, an MPD does NOT work as a virtual directory, but it can act
as a place older for a set of models (like in a lego scene)

See ya
Rui Martins