 CAD / 4396
Re: More newbie questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:31:07 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:FzFzoF.BKq@lugnet.com...

MLCad isn't the only thing that one could associate with .cgi, • unfortunately.
That's why. (.Dat either..., like I  said before, we can't change it but • it
was a bad choice....)

Yup.  Its been proposed to change it to .ldr or something of the sort, but
never got off the ground.  Is there any way to change the standard on new
software and new releases of software, but still recognize old .dat files?
Gradually push the new format and eventually it will be changed??

I don't know if this is a change in LUGNET, or a change because I switched
from Netscape to IE a while back, but I recall (perhaps *mis* recall) that • it
used to be that the extension you got was .dat... like i say I could be
wrong.

I may recall the same thing.  But my recollection may be based on reading
yours.  I remember a time when it worked for me, and then didn't work,
because the newer version of LDLite had a problem with spaces in dir names
again.  It was a while before I changed it back.  I got it working again by
moving the directory around on my machine when I still ran 98.  Now that I
formatted and run 2k, I have to put everything on still.  But I'm going to
take time to do it right so things work together hopefully - like LDAO and
L3PAO....
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114