 CAD / 4397
Re: More newbie questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:48:12 GMT

Sure, I organize things by directory.  And with the new file viewers/modeling
programs that's no problem, as they can still find everything OK (mostly).
The only problem is with LDraw and LEdit, which are "dumb" and need the models
to be in a pre-ordained place - unless you specifically specify(1) directory
paths within the .dat file.  Which, in general, is not a good idea to do.

-- Terry K --
1. 'specifically specify' - is that grammatically allowable? Sounds and looks
odd to me.

Tim Courtney wrote:
Which brings me to some ideas I was going to use to organize all the DAT
files I have, both mine and others'

When I put the whole LDraw shebang back on my PC (today sounds like a good
day!), I'm going to organize files to kill the pileup in the standard
models/ folder.  A year or more ago, someone suggested a models/authors/
dir - which I have in place, and now I think I'll move everything to.  Then
I'll go further than that and make subdirs for each creation, keeping dat
files out of the way of each other.

I wonder if anyone has done this before?
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com