 CAD / 4398
Re: More newbie questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:49:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney writes:
When I put the whole LDraw shebang back on my PC (today sounds like a good
day!), I'm going to organize files to kill the pileup in the standard
models/ folder.  A year or more ago, someone suggested a models/authors/
dir - which I have in place, and now I think I'll move everything to.  Then
I'll go further than that and make subdirs for each creation, keeping dat
files out of the way of each other.
I wonder if anyone has done this before?

Yah, I keep a directory \ldraw\archive\models\ handy for stuff I snarf.  It
actually goes a couple levels deeper: \ldraw\archive\models\(author)\(model)\ .
Lately, though, I've been thinking of just MPD'ing everything to cut down on
that last directory level, treating an MPD as a virtual directory.

Cheers,
- jsproat