 CAD / 4394
Re: More newbie questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:03:11 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:
"Steve Bliss" <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
The file-type isn't registered correctly.  I don't know how to fix this,
but I wouldn't associate CGI with MLCAD.
Why not?  AFAIK, that's the only way to do it, if you want it to be
automatic.

Some issues here:

1.  The automatic way of getting MLCad (or any DAT/MPD viewer) to launch
when you download a DAT or MPD file is to register the correct mime type
with MLCad.  (1)  LUGNET serves DAT content as mime type
"application/x-ldraw", so you need to associate MLCAD.EXE with the mime type
"application/x-ldraw".

2.  Many CGI scripts serve files, which your browser could conceivably save
as "something.cgi".  Would you like to load just *anything* with MLCad?

3.  "Save As", give a filename.  It's a long and convoluted process, I
know, but it actually helps you remember what downloads went where.  ;-)

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  http://www.ldraw.org/memorial/archive/FAQ/#question-32

I'm betting I'm just abnormal enough to survive!
  - The Tick