 CAD / 4393
Re: More newbie questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:14:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney writes:
"Steve Bliss" <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:6jqnpsg4q0shhd01dkjovv4a49ennsbcbh@4ax.com...
In lugnet.cad, Paul Sinasohn wrote:

3) Why, when i click the DAT link in the LUGNET web interface, do I get a
default file name of LDRAW.CGI for the dat file?

The file-type isn't registered correctly.  I don't know how to fix this,
but I wouldn't associate CGI with MLCAD.

Why not?  AFAIK, that's the only way to do it, if you want it to be
automatic.  Otherwise you have to select 'open with' each time.  At least
that's my experience.  I didn't read anything for that, I just played around
though :)  So, if there is a better way, please LMK.  All I know is that
works for me.

MLCad isn't the only thing that one could associate with .cgi, unfortunately.
That's why. (.Dat either..., like I  said before, we can't change it but it
was a bad choice....)

I don't know if this is a change in LUGNET, or a change because I switched
from Netscape to IE a while back, but I recall (perhaps *mis* recall) that it
used to be that the extension you got was .dat... like i say I could be wrong.

++Lar