 CAD / 4381
Re: More newbie questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 02:36:02 GMT

"Paul Sinasohn" <bearitone@my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:FzEzA9.24r@lugnet.com...
I also have some questions, having just installed MLCAD

1) Is there a CAD/LDRAW/MLCAD FAQ anywhere?

http://www.ldraw.org/faq/

2) When you download a file from cad.dat.models, how do you know if it • should
be a DAT file or a MPD file?

The files up there should be already formatted to the needed format, DAT or
MPD.

3) Why, when i click the DAT link in the LUGNET web interface, do I get a
default file name of LDRAW.CGI for the dat file?

Because that's the script that runs it.  Go into your file associations and
create CGI to be associated with MLCad, so it will automagically open.  It
will look right when it loads.

4) Why do some files, when opened in MLCAD, show only the completed model,
while others step you through the construction of the model?

That's because some people insert step comments.  I don't have MLCad loaded
on this machine right now, but somewhere in the options for each line you
can create a step.  And I think there's an option that allows you to render
the entire model if you like - but again, not sure where.

Like Rob, I am also interested in knowing the best way to update the parts • list
and find new parts....

http://www.ldraw.org/download/updates/ will always have the latest parts,
and is the official place to download parts updates.

Hope this helps.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114