 CAD / 4449
Re: pictures of parrot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:16:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:

Hello, Dennis and the rest of the community,

In the description of the part #2546 thats up for voting right now
it's called "Animal Bird". We might run into a future problem if other Lego
birds emerge. This is not at all unlikely to happen, I happen to know that at
least there is a Duplo chicken scratching around.

If/when another bird-file is made, we can address this issue.  Part names
are pretty easy to change.[1]

If a DUPLO-scale part was ever made, there's a very good chance that it
would be named something like "DUPLO Animal Bird".

So, is part #2546 always a parrot, or where those gray falcons from the native
theme sets produced from the same mold ? I'm not sure, and can't make this out
from the preseved cataloge I still have.

Yep, same mold.

If this is what prevented you from
naming the part "Animal Parrot", maybe we should consider to name the part
"Animal Bird with Hooked Bill"

It's possible, but not necessary at this point.  There are really only two
bird-files possible at this point:

Animal Bird
Animal Bird with Parrot Pattern

There's not much room for confusion.

Steve
--
1) In descending order of ease-of-change, the things that can be changed on
a part file:

1. The DAT code
2. The part name (and other header information)
3. The part number (AKA, file name)
4. The orientation/positioning of the part

#1 and #2 are more-or-less tied, depending on the situation.  #3 requires
some research.  At this time, #4 can never change after the part is
released.