 CAD / 4440
Re: pictures of parrot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 22:48:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
Hello, Dennis and the rest of the community,

In the description of the part #2546 thats up for voting right now
it's called "Animal Bird". We might run into a future problem if other Lego
birds emerge. This is not at all unlikely to happen, I happen to know that at
least there is a Duplo chicken scratching around.
So, is part #2546 always a parrot, or where those gray falcons from the native
theme sets produced from the same mold ? I'm not sure, and can't make this out
from the preseved cataloge I still have. If this is what prevented you from
naming the part "Animal Parrot", maybe we should consider to name the part
"Animal Bird with Hooked Bill"

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

I did check the name before submitting it.  Following is information sent to me
by Steve Bliss.

The part numbers/file names for the bird go like this:

2546.DAT     Animal Bird
2546P01.DAT  Animal Bird with Parrot Pattern
81376.DAT    _Animal Bird Red with Parrot Pattern

What this all means is:

2546 is the plain bird -- the falcon
2546p01 is the parrot, but with the main color done as color-code 16.
81376 is the official LEGO number for the *red* parrot with the standard
yellow and green markings.  81376.dat just references 2546p01.dat,
specifying color-code 4 (red).  We release files this way so (a) people can
use the part as whatever color they want and (b) so we've got a documented
example of the proper, true color.  See part file 81149.dat/3040p01.dat for
an example of how this works.

Steve Bliss