 CAD / 4439
Re: Can't use LDRAW/Ledit, please help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 21:22:37 GMT

"Humberto Zamora" <celia1@swbell.net> wrote in message
news:FznqoA.AGE@lugnet.com...
I don't know what the heck happened!  One moment I was making a new model • on
ledit. The next moment, wehn I wanted to load another part in, it said • "file
not found."  I found that very odd since I had just created that part, so • I
looked at my models folder and what did I find?.....all my models had been
changed to the Acrobat Reader format!  And I can't even open it with that!

Now on my computer, any file that had a windows logo on it, has been • changed to
an unreadable "acrobat reader" file.  And I had about 20 models stored!

I have no idea what to do, and this is affecting my whole computer, not • just
the ldraw folder...has this happened to anyone else before???  Does anyone • know
how to get rid of this glitch??

Please help, I'm desperate!!

-Humberto Zamora

Humberto,
First try going into Windows Explorer, then Tools>Folder Options.   Click
the File Types tab, and hit 'd' and find the extension DAT.  I believe
there's a properties button, and edit the OPEN command to be LEdit (or
MLCad, etc) and make sure the MIME type is application/x-ldraw [1].  Try
that, it should help.

If not, go into your Acrobat Reader options and search for something that
automatically associates file types.  Did you just install Acrobat Reader??

I hope this helps.  If it doesn't, I hope that someone else here can help.

[1] Be sure to read: http://www.ldraw.org/memorial/archive/FAQ/#question-32
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114