 CAD / 14843
Re: Why LDraw.org doesn't use ldconfig.ldr ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 20:27:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:
   Travis Cobbs wrote:
   For example, here is an image from the part tracker:

To my eyes, the proportions of that picture are completely off, that part should have the proportions of a normal 1x2x1, right? Not 1x2x0.72 or whatever that picture shows...

I think it’s using an isometric matrix for the view, which leads to this effect. This matches the default output from ldraw.exe. Here is 3004.dat rendered with ldraw.exe and then scaled down to match the size of the image on the part tracker:

Note that when I scaled the image, I only set the horizontal size to match (52), and the locked aspect ratio produced the same vertical size automatically. I do agree that it looks “wrong”. I think the side studs on 52107 exaggerate the effect.

--Travis