 CAD / 14837
Re: Why LDraw.org doesn't use ldconfig.ldr ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 17:34:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
   OK, that wasn’t so hard. The script should be fixed now. I’ve pushed through re-renders for 58119 and x919. All other parts are queued for re-rendering, all images should be updated in a short time.

If anyone wants to look at the ldliterc.dat file, you can grab a copy at http://www.ldraw.org/library/unofficial/ldliterc.dat

Maybe it’s just me, but the parts on the tracker now seem to be very light. I looked at the ldliterc.dat above, and color 7 has the same setting as what is in ldconfig.ldr. However, the actual color being rendered seems too light. For example, here is an image from the part tracker:

Here is the same part rendered in LDView (with ldconfig.ldr turned on, and an attempt on my part to approximate the light angle used in ldglite):

Here it is from LDView with no lighting:

Note also that the images on the part tracker didn’t seem to be so light before. Does ldglite do something weird with colors when it’s using ldliterc.dat, Don? Or are the internal ldglite colors perhaps all somewhat dark to counteract bright lighting parameters?

--Travis