 CAD / 14835
Re: Why LDraw.org doesn't use ldconfig.ldr ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 20:42:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
   Though the error has been fixed I’m still in favour for the switch for the simple fact that LDView is maintained and updated (and that IMHO it’s output looks much smarter) but I’m happy to leave the decision to go/no go to Travis since he has to code it up.

I’d be happy to try, but it would require some things:
  1. An admin to install xvfb on the server
  2. An admin to give me a user account on the server to get it working
  3. Possible admin support if other dependencies are missing on the server
As a note, requirement 1 probably requires that X11 be installed on the server, if it isn’t already there. That’s because, as far as I know, X11 stuff only works if all the libraries are installed.

--Travis