 CAD / 14819
Re: Why LDraw.org doesn't use ldconfig.ldr ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:37:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Hello Steve,

That's unfortunate (but what I thought I remembered).  I didn't
have a lot of luck updating the ldliterc.dat file used by the PT.
Even after regenerating all the unofficial part images, 58119's
image is still incorrect.

I'll have to mess with it some more, hopefully I'll have time
this evening.

Any news about this? I have submitted a new part with the same color
scheme (http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/58121.dat),
problem remains
:-(

Nope, sorry.  No update.  As far as I can tell, ldglite[1] won't
recognize colors like 71 and 72.

While I agree with Willy's assessment that it may be time
to move on to ldview for the part tracker, I did run a quick test
and it looks like ldglite does support modified colors like 71
or 72 with the ldliterc.dat file.   Perhaps the location of the
ldliterc.dat file could be the problem.  I checked the docs for
the ldlite parser:

  http://ldlite.sourceforge.net/

It only uses the file if it's in the current working directory
when you run the program.  If you're not sure where that is, you can
find out by adding something like this to the script before the call
to ldglite.

  echo $PWD >/tmp/path.txt

There's a good chance it's the home directory of the user that
the script is run by.

If the script uses the l3 parser (-l3 on the command line), I had
more control over the code and allowed the ldliterc.dat file to
be located in any of the places it looks for ldraw files.  So for
example, you could put it in LDRAWDIR/models.

Of course it's possible that the version of ldglite built for
parts tracker is so old it predates any of this...

Have fun,

Don