 CAD / 14830
Re: Why LDraw.org doesn't use ldconfig.ldr ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 19:59:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
Doh!  It should be fixed now, take a look.

I don't have a test case for all the colors, but the ones I did
try look ok now.

Hmm.  I should put my color patch .DAT file on the server somewhere...

No wonder the orange switch on the PF box looked so odd...

It all looks odd to me with the black edge lines on all the bricks.

That could be changed.  But I think most people who profess a preference prefer
the black edges, rather than colored edges.  We could soften the black edges to
a charcoal shade.  Would that be better?

Also I also noticed a few colors that must not have made the cut to
the big time official list.  What ever happened to color 32 trans-black,
or color 39 trans-light-gray (aka smoke)?  I thought that was in use
somewhere for some of the starwars canopies.

Smoke is color 40 (trans-dk gray).  At least in the color def file.

Other colors can be added.  We just need a generally-agreed-upon definition for
them.

Steve