 CAD / 14823
Re: Why LDraw.org doesn't use ldconfig.ldr ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:32:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
than we should start thinking about the switch to LDView as render engine ... if
this is technically doable. to be frank I didn't understand a single word from
all the tech speech above: x server or not, OSMesa a mess ... Travis, I guess
you need server access to answer my questions?

I would need access to the server, yes.  I think that if Xvnc were installed on
the server, LDView could connect to that, and everything would then be happy.
(Xvnc is an X Server that's designed to be connected to remotely via vnc.  From
LDView's point of view, there would then be an X server, but Xvnc doesn't use a
local screen at all, so the web server is still happy.)

--Travis