 CAD / 14828
Re: Why LDraw.org doesn't use ldconfig.ldr ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 19:17:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
It looks like you have a bug in whatever program you're using to
convert ldconfig.ldr to ldliterc.dat.

"Program"?  I wish.  It was a manual conversion, not all of the entries
are amenable to programmatic conversion.

In the first set of colors on each line the blue value always
seems to be the same as the green value.

Doh!  It should be fixed now, take a look.

I don't have a test case for all the colors, but the ones I did
try look ok now.

No wonder the orange switch on the PF box looked so odd...

It all looks odd to me with the black edge lines on all the bricks.
Good for printed instructions, but not as pretty on screen.  Oh well.
I suppose it doesn't really matter for parts tracker where the parts
are all rendered in the default gray color.

Also I also noticed a few colors that must not have made the cut to
the big time official list.  What ever happened to color 32 trans-black,
or color 39 trans-light-gray (aka smoke)?  I thought that was in use
somewhere for some of the starwars canopies.

Have fun,

Don