 CAD / 14844
Re: Anyone heard of Okino software?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 20:28:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
I just stumbled across the website for Okino software.  Is anyone familiar with
this?

There's a explanation of how to get started with LDraw, and then convert model
files to Okino rendering software.

I haven't had time to do more than scan through the page, but it looks pretty
nifty.  It's commercial, closed source software.  Maybe the demo is actually
usable to mess around with?

Anyway, I just thought it was cool that they connected with LDraw, and showed
how to get from MLCAD models to rendered images. :)

Steve

Ya know, one of the really fun things about using LUGNET's web interface is that
hang time after you click the "Post" button.  You get about 30 seconds to just
re-read and re-examine while you new message is sent over the pipe to the
server.

Just re-read, and re-examine, and PULL YOUR HAIR OUT when you notice a stupid
error which there is NO WAY for you to correct!

Doh!

Anyway, the link to the webpage I found is:
http://www.okino.com/tutorials/lego_import_and_rendering.htm

Steve