 CAD / 1088
Re: Java LDraw/LDLite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 09:19:38 GMT

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999 23:28:59 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

Not a problem.  I'd probably nix the CGI on something like that, though, and
serve static .dat files for parts.  (Apache can to be told to serve static
.dat files as application/x-ldraw just as easily as CGI scripts can send DAT
content that way, but CGI scripts incur the additional overhead of starting up
a command interpreter).

Isn't there something you can do to have just *one* perl interpreter
running, that does all the CGIing, instead of starting up all these
processes?

Jasper "can't imagine at what PID that server is by now" Janssen