 CAD / *35425 (-100)
  Re: 2nd LSC: Call for Nominations

I messed up in my first nomination, and replied to a reply. So here is a direct reply nominating the following (with a qualification listed): Tore Eriksson (authored a boatload of official parts) Will Tschager (authored quite a few more than two (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Blender LDraw support

(...) I'm not a Blender user. Yet. I would like MPD support if/when I start using Blender and your script. (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 2nd LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Strictly speaking, you need to reply to Tim's original post to actually nominate. Steve (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) I don't follow but see below (...) I think that: a,b,d are covered by the CA "no obigation" clause c is covered by the "Author grants permission to other authors to modify their work" clause but I agree that a rewording may be in order (...) (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) True. (...) I think the "in perpetuity" phrase above fills this (...) That's good. (...) I think this is good but others might balk at the non-specificness of terms (...) The fist paragraph of the agreement defines "Author" as anyone who (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?

(...) I think you have made an assumption about the particular parts you are using as a model. The printing process LEGO uses/used for this is faulty, and the white strips you are referring to on the rocket and helmet appear to me to be simply an (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

BTW, for everything I wrote earlier in this thread, c/Name:/Author:/. Thanks. (...) I'm open to more programmatic enforcement, but I'm not seeing what that would be like. For this discussion, I'd be happy if there is mention that attribution (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) Speaking personally [1]: For the initial CA we should contact everyone who's got Submit rights, plus anyone named in a Name: line for whom we have contact details. New users should be asked to accept the CA as part of them getting Submit (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) Standing policies, yes, but programmatic enforcement, no. Too much in this arena relies on you and I applying those policies correctly in the parts updates. And there is always going to have to be some flexibility that needs admin judgement. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?

(...) The first, definitely. Also, looking at the second scanned image (sorry, I snipped it from this reply), the white 'seam' down the side of the astronaut's helmet appears to be strictly a printing defect - the white ink is positioned slightly (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) That might be a good idea. We do have standing policies for most situations; everything from making minor fixes to using someone else's code in a new part to rearranging an existing file into new file(s) to entirely rewriting an existing part. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) Skip the above. The C.A. can't take away any rights of the author, and shouldn't. Several people maintain webpages of 'their' parts, and they should be able to do so. If people want to distribute their own parts, more power to them (...) (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) Do you mean the entire "Contributor's agreement", or just the "auto-approve changes checkbox"? Steve (who almost certainly won't be accepting that checkbox) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) But that's not what the text says. The one real reason to have two agreements (AFAIK) is that we don't want to treat the library is simply an archive of all the individual files -- we want it to have a unique identity. So using 'file' and (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?

(...) The surface of this brick is perfectly smooth, so the blue pattern I see is not caused by brick texture, but by the screen printing process. Nevertheless, looking at the two mock-ups, I think the white version is closer to what it "should" (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) That's hard to put into legalese, I fear, but I agree that's an important concept. I think we all agree once we have this fixed there won't be, and won't need to be, change at the macro level. How WOULD we go about codifying that idea? (...) (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) I haven't thought it properly through yet, but I would like to have some assurance that either the basic characteristics of the license will remain unchanged (for example through a fixed "human readable" version of the license) or that I as an (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) I agree with Dan. As one of the more important people that need to accept the final resolution, I'd like to know exactly what you object to or what you think needs to be changed. -Orion (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) Jacob - I think you understand these things a lot better than me. Could you explain your thoughts? (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) It could be for reasons as simple as the server being temporarily off-line. Greetings, Jacob (who doesn't think he'll accept the redistribution agreement) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) I would hope that any changes made to a part file would include attribution to the original author(s). Perhaps this should be spelled out in the license? Other than this one little issue, I like what I see. Putting these two licenses into (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) In case we find a part that's broken or wrong, we are under no obligation to release it. -Orion (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2nd LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) I can't accept the nomination. I don't think I have the temperament required for such a position. For instance, if I don't get my way with the spacelaunch brick currently under review, I think I'm gonna cry. So instead, could I nominate Travis (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?

(...) Ok, which looks "right"? This: (URL) or this: (URL) C'mon. It's classic space, not Power Rangers (or Knights Kingdom). There are no light blue spacemen or spaceships in classic space. The moon is not made of bleu cheese. Look with the eyes of (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) What is the reason for requiring this clause in the licence? (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) There has been a lot of discussion on this already. We carefully considered all the discussion and decided that two licenses offer the best approach for maximum flexibility. The text of the posted draft license itself highlights a key thing (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Blender LDraw support

I hope this isn't off topic for this list. I've begun writing some scripts for Blender to import (and eventually export) LDraw DAT files. Cropped screenshot of result (pieces 105, 10 and 73057): (URL) location (currently 5KB): (2 URLs) features: (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Moving the License Forward

(...) (URL) I can see no difference in the human readable summary, it's likely the differences are in the legal version. This seems a good an open license. (...) Could your explain your thinking behind why you believe this second license is (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New Animation!

Sure! Since I don't... currently know how to upload stuff I'll just give you the whole 'Spline' bit. Here it is: #declare Spline1 = spline { natural_spline -0.20, <0,50,1000>, // control point 0.00, <0,50,800>, // starting point 0.20, (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Plugins for LDDP

I've created a new plugin for LDDP: Excavator Generator. Creates a holder, an excavator arm and an excavator bucket aligned. No more manual movements to get these parts aligned. The tipping angle for both the arm and the bucket can be set to any (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Parts Tracker Page Style Updated

(...) Ooo, pretty. Thanks, Steve, this looks cool :-) -Tim (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Moving the License Forward

Everyone - First I want to offer the Steering Committee's apologies for the delay in moving this issue forward. We've spent some time discussing the license and now we are ready to present a proposed solution for comments and feedback. After talking (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !!

  Re: Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?

(...) hm ... this is in tune with steve (initially I used light blue 9): "Yes, I think it would work better to use color 503 (light gray from Mosaic) instead of light blue. If those zones are really a vary light shade of blue, you could try 505 (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?

(...) I agree with you - my mistake. I'll correct it. (...) hmm ... I'm not a print-wizard nor skilled in what's needed to make a dithered color of some kind. I do not believe that we should "interpret" what's supposed to see, but what we are (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?

(...) I have now located my copy of this part. The areas you mention defintely have a feint blue coloration. I believe this is deliberate, as I can make out the regular pattern of screening dots. This is most obvious on the larger areas, but I (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Reports in MLCad

(...) Thanks Michael, I'll give that a try (and I'm looking forward to the next version as well) Ken (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Reports in MLCad

Ken, this sounds like a bug in MLCad. I'll investigate that. The other point is that the next version of MLCad will support the offical color definitions based on the LDraw.org color standard. In the mean time you can do the following (so far I (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  *** LDView Version 2.1.01 Released ***

LDView version 2.1.01 is now available, in both source and binary forms. You can download either from: (URL) This version has more bug fixes than anything else. The main new feature is support for snapshots up to 9999x9999 on arbitrary video (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  May's Winners for LDraw.org's Model/Scene of the Month Contest

Congratulations to the winners of the May Model/Scene of the month contests: (URL) MOTM, Chris Parkinson, Masakari> (URL) SOTM, Bruno Kurth, 2-wide Land> -Orion (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: 2nd LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Heh, I forgot that part. I probably stuck it in there though, knowing me. For this one, I just re-used the nomination rules from last year. -Tim (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2nd LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Well, I nominated 7 people for the SteerCo, but those had to all be in separate posts to satisfy the nomination rules ;-). The fact that I nominated so many people there was the reason I didn't respond to the nomination request here when I (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2nd LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) I suspect this post was missed due to the US-holiday weekend. (...) Since no one has made any nominations, or volunteered, I'd like to nominate the current members of the LSC, in its entirety: - Orion Pobursky, parts author, LDraw.org (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?

(...) I haven't found the part yet, but I've found the sister spacewalk brick and examined it. If you flip the brick over you can clearly see that it's not quite smooth. Compare it to a smooth brick and you'll see what I mean. This was probably done (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Animation!

That's really cool! Any potential in sharing the .pov file? Or at least some comments? RK "Trevor Hewer" <tjhewer@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:I0G8o3.2BF@lugnet.com... (...) was (...) It (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?

(...) Willy, From my own point of view, It looks like the inside lining of the rocket is also 505 the one separating the outside (left) 505 and the gray shadow on the rocket is supposed to be white. I like it the way it is, but consider one thing: I (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) But you *can* watch it anyway! Got the main page and choose 'Community - Contests', then you have 'View the current month's contest submissions' where you can click MOTM, and see all the pictures even after voting (I should know, I have askeed (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) I'm running a current CVS build of LDGLite on Windows XP. I did the rendering on my laptop which is a Dell Inspriron 600m with an ATI Radeon Mobility 9000. My graphics driver is slightly out of date since the newest one causes funky things to (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?

(...) I have the part, so I've been holding off commenting until I can look at it. But I lack patience, so... In my mind, I remember the part as having shades of white and grey on the questionable bits. Therefore the light blue just plain looks (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?

I don't have the part, but the photos posted make it look to me like the blue from the part is slightly visible through the paint. So the paint in the areas in question doesn't contain any blue. Having said that, the two red circles highlighted in (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) Heh, I noticed some artifacts in the ldglite renderings as well. On the lawnmower, I can clearly see the fat rounded line end points didn't get drawn. Some opengl implementations don't support it, most notably the MESA offscreen driver. What (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Reports in MLCad

Can anyone answer this question ? Why does this happen. If I use a colour from the "More" section of the colorbar toolbar eg; Sand Green (378) or Sand Blue (379) that show as their correct names when I view them in the parts section at the top of (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?

hi folks, we are seeking a helping hand to define the color scheme of this part: (URL) there has already been a discussion with orion and steve through e-mail, but it led to no end. the most critical point is the white-bluish color 505: (URL) up to (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) Yes, I'll have time this weekend for posting properly but here are the winners: MOTM: Chris Parkinson - "Masakari" SOTM: Bruno Kurth - 2-wide land -Orion (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) Was there a winner for May ? (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) I just voted for the model of the month and as such can NOT access the page anymore. However, can the person who modeled the passanger train bridge please email me. I'm interested in getting the LDraw file for you if possible. That was one (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) I used LDGLite. I was planning on using LDView but I had to some problem getting the renderings exactly the way I wanted. -Orion (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) Great to see it up again. Just one question: which program was used for this month's model renderings? (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) Oops, thanks. I fixed it. -Orion (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) Cool beans, Orion. FYI - I think you inserted the wrong title on one of the SOTM images. 'Atomium' appears twice -- on two different scenes. -Tim (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests

The voting for the July Model of the Month and Scene of the Month contests is now open at LDraw.org. Visit the (URL) voting page> to cast your vote. I apologize again for the cancellation of last month's contest. -Orion (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org Celebrates 5 Years!

(...) Youngster! How about another 50 years! All kidding aside, congratulations and thanks to the community, who have made this milestone possible. (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw.org Celebrates 5 Years!

LDraw.org celebrates five years of being online today. The project began in early 1999 and launched to the public on July 7 of that year, almost two years after James Jessiman passed away. Since then, both the site and the community have grown leaps (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.org, lugnet.publish) !

  Re: part 47405

(...) Probably good enough for most usage (URL) file can be found here after moderation - (URL) are a number of errors that need resolving before submitting to the Parts Tracker (if anyone else feels like doing these, just let me know) (URL) = (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  New Part: exhib.dat - Container 8 x 3 x 3 HO Car Showcase  [DAT]

As seen in sets: (URL) there more sets? (I guess so) 0 Container 8 x 3 x 3 HO Car Showcase 0 Name: exhib.dat 0 Author: Tore Eriksson 0 KEYWORDS garage, container, window, classic, h0 scale 0 Unofficial Part 0 PEERON x1104 0 CMDLINE -c47 0 BFC (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Definition of the new colors

Hi all, I don't know, if this has been made somebody else, but I've made a color-definition for the new colors (Lt-Bluish-Gray, Dk-Bluish-Gray and Reddish-Brown): 0 Definition of the new colors 0 COLOR 68 Light-Bluish-Gray 0 174 178 182 255 174 178 (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  New Animation!

Hello, all. I have just discovered POV-Ray's wonderful Spline feature. I was mulling over how to create fluid movements with exponential curves. I did achieve some good results, but the animations are rather small and simple. It then occurred to me (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Attention: Serious bug in MLCad V3.10 !

Hello, (...) Parts. (...) This one does indeed work for me too. just downloaded version 3.11 and adjusted the .ini, this time without the backslash and it is still working :-) Keep up the good work, Michael! Greetings Maico Arts (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  *** MLCad V3.11 is available ***

Hi, MLCad V3.11 is a bug-fix release to V3.00 and corrects the following bugs: 1) Scan path function causing crash and not working correctly 2) Hide Feature doesn't change modified attribute 3) Bug when removing sub-models from mpd projects As usual (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Attention: Serious bug in MLCad V3.10 !

(...) I just did a quick test: [SCAN_ORDER] 1 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>\Parts 2 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\Parts\s 3 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\P 4 = HIDE <LDRAWDIR>\P\48 5 = SHOW <LDRAWDIR>\NewParts And the parts in NewParts showed up in MLCad without having to use Scan (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***

Hello Willy (...) I will try this kind of setup again. If it works for you, it should work for me too! Thanks (...) supporting (...) upgrading the (...) biggest (...) Hmm, I think we will see it at LEGO World... About the language dll, I think I (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Attention: Serious bug in MLCad V3.10 !

Hi to all MLCad users. I just found a realy serious bug in MLCad, I must say I don't know what I did when I implemented the search-path feature but at least during testing my mind completely failed and I didn't see any obvious bug. I'm realy sorry (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  8459/8464 Front End Loader Completed (only the Excavator Bucket is missing)  [DAT]

I have finished modelling the 8459/8464 Front End Loader. Only one part is missing: - Excavator Bucket (32030: (URL) anybody modell this part for me? Peter 0 FILE 8464.ldr 0 Front End Loader 0 Comment: the Bucket part (32030) is missing 0 Version: (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***

(...) hi, it is working smoothly on my win2000+SP4 with the following config: c:\Programme\MLCad\MLCad.exe c:\Programme\MLCad\PARTS c:\Programme\MLCad\PARTS\s ... c:\Programme\MLCad\Eigene_Parts [SCAN_ORDER] 1 = SHOW Parts 2 = HIDE Parts\s 3 = HIDE (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***

Hello Michael and Niels, I just checked for myself, I have the same problem. paths for me are: D:\lego\ldraw\MLCad_V3.10 the unofficial parts are here: D:\lego\ldraw\unoff\parts and D:\lego\ldraw\unoff\p First I had a longer name for "unoff". Here (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDraw.org contests?

(...) Never meant to critize you personally, I understand life has a nasty habit of getting in the way. I was just starting to wonder about the point of the contests when we only get five or six entries out of the many renderings I see on Brickshelf (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org contests?

(...) The July contests will be up this evening. I apologize for June but between work and family it just wasn't possible. -Orion (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad)

  LDraw.org contests?

It seems like the LDraw MOTM and SOTM have fizzled out again, probably lost in all the electing and revamping going on. My question is whether they will return or not. Of course, one thing to consider is whether the contests should continue or be (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***

(...) I am aware of that it is a new function in version 3.10. When I select Help, About MLCad it shows MLCad Version 3.10 Copyright (c) 1999-2004 by Michael Lachmann I just installed MLCad 3.10 on Windows XP Home Edition, and changed the SCAN_ORDER (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***

Sorry about this stupid question: Are you sure you are using version 3.10 of MLCad? Because 3.00 is not able to deal with that! Michael "Niels Karsdorp" <niels.karsdorp@pggm.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:I0DBM0.10Jy@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Tester for LDDP plugins

I have updated my plugins for LDraw Design Pad to Delphi 6 and created a new plugin. I also made them use the colors from ldconfig.ldr. I would like that someone tests these before I release them. My plugins are created for Windows. (If someone (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Numbers Report - 5 July 2004

Stats for Unofficial Files 169 certified files. 141 files need admin review. 460 files need more votes. 440 have uncertified subfiles. 212 held files. Total Files: 1,422 Comparison with Prev. Report: 2004-07-05: 169 / 141 / 460 / 440 / 212 (1,422) (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***

(...) I did a scan parts from the file menu, still no success. I even tried to change the order: [SCAN_ORDER] 1 = SHOW NewParts 2 = HIDE NewParts\s 3 = SHOW Parts 4 = HIDE Parts\s 5 = HIDE P 6 = HIDE P\48 7 = SHOW MyParts No success. I tried adding (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  wanted ldraw part for set 4010

Is anyone working on the boat base part of set 4010? (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***

Do a scan parts from the file menu, then it should work. Michael "Niels Karsdorp" <niels.karsdorp@pggm.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:I02LGu.1v8I@lugnet.com... (...) don't (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Developing MLCAD plugins?

Don, "Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Hztzr8.y0t@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) That will be documented anyway - sure. But for that feature I have to think even more ... but I have already an idea how that could (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: POVRAY questions

(...) it be (...) 3.5. Actually they have different setting and lighting. But I rendered the same file in 3.5 too: (URL) again the 3.6 file: (URL) have no idea what is going on. I am going on holiday now. I will post a question on the pov-ray board (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Quick way to mirror-image a model?

(...) I've put the complete mirror.ini file here for now. (URL) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Looking for part - numbers confused

(...) Better late than never (URL) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  2nd LSC: Call for Nominations

It has been a full year since the creation of the LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC). Nominations are now open, elections will be held July 15. The LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) is responsible for maintaining semi-regular internal discussions (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX) !!

  Re: POVRAY questions

(...) Ouch!! You using the same .POV file? If so why is that occuring? Could it be becuase of the code you use for radiosity? As the code was developed for 3.5. -AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: POVRAY questions

I have my doubts; look at this: (URL) is done with PR 3.6. There are loads of artifacts in the round grey Technic parts. Compare it with this: (URL) in PR 3.5. Jeroen "Eduardo Vazquez Harte" <eduvazhar@telefonica.net> wrote in message (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Variants of 4.5v train motors

(...) I just checked my motor cases. The Type I motor cases and Type 2 motor cases are NOT interchangable. To update a Type I motor to a Type II motor you need a Type II top case, a Type II bottom case and a Type II gearbox. (The gearbox is the (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Oops wrong adress, here's the right one:

(URL) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.scenes, FTX)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***

Personally I would like to see a standard parts structure like this, at least for MLCAD; Parts oldparts unoffparts myparts Parts would be the officially released parts oldparts would be where old official parts are moved to when they are updated (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: POVRAY questions

(...) I say upgrade. There are no major (if any) syntax changes and 3.6 is faster. 3.6 also fixed the bug in the colors.inc file. -Orion (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  POVRAY questions

What you all think of POV-RAY 3.6? Should we update to 3.6 or keep with 3.5 or 3.1g? I use 3.5 for windows but i prefer the 3.5 for cygwin but without cygwin. What if we just work with 3.1g , 3.5 and 3.6 without having to be forced to use the latest (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***

(...) My folder structure is as follows: D:\LDraw\MLCad_V3.10\ includes MLCad 3.10 install, including MLCad.exe and MLCad.ini D:\LDraw\Parts\ D:\LDraw\Parts\S D:\LDraw\P\ D:\LDraw\P\48\ D:\LDraw\NewParts\ D:\LDraw\NewParts\S\ D:\LDraw\MyParts\ (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***

(...) hi niels, the code looks fine. please check the following two things: * lets persume that that MLCad.exe and MLCad.ini is stored in: c:\Programs\MLCad and the parts are in: c:\Programs\MLCad\Parts then your custom parts have to be placed in (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: The L PRIZE Pre-Launch: Call for Volunteers, Sponsors, Donations

(...) We're still working on the specifics of the exhibition space. When I know, I'll post the info. Hope to see you there! -Tim (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.events, lugnet.edu)

  Re: Variants of 4.5v train motors

(...) The cases were also sold separately: (URL) Set 1215 which was only the lower half of a Type II housing. It allowed a user to change a Type I motor (an earlier version without the hole) into the updated Type II (with the centre hole). HTH, (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact