 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5332
Re: Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 02:51:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
   hi folks,

we are seeking a helping hand to define the color scheme of this part:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/3754p90.dat

up to now we have two samples of this part:

if this 505 should be 505, as orion has put it “distinctly white with no blue” or if I should use a different white with a shade of blue?

Willy,

From my own point of view, It looks like the inside lining of the rocket is also 505 the one separating the outside (left) 505 and the gray shadow on the rocket is supposed to be white. I like it the way it is, but consider one thing: I read somewhere (in 1999-2000) that Lego used a maximum of 4 colors on its painted bricks. Which would leave us with light gray (7), dark gray (8), pastel or light sky blue (505; on a white primer?), and black (0). On the 505 issue, it is crystal clear this is light blue on white, making it an obvious case of 505.

I’ve been waiting on this piece for a looong time. Datsville, you’re going to the movies! (Now showing: Apollo 13, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and From the Earth to the Moon!)