 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5335
Re: Color scheme in Brick 1 x 6 x 5 with Rocket Launch Pattern?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:36:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, James Jackson wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
   hi folks,

we are seeking a helping hand to define the color scheme of this part:

   From my own point of view, It looks like the inside lining of the rocket is also 505 the one separating the outside (left) 505 and the gray shadow on the rocket is supposed to be white.

I agree with you - my mistake. I’ll correct it.

   I like it the way it is, but consider one thing: I read somewhere (in 1999-2000) that Lego used a maximum of 4 colors on its painted bricks. Which would leave us with light gray (7), dark gray (8), pastel or light sky blue (505; on a white primer?), and black (0). On the 505 issue, it is crystal clear this is light blue on white, making it an obvious case of 505.

hmm ... I’m not a print-wizard nor skilled in what’s needed to make a dithered color of some kind. I do not believe that we should “interpret” what’s supposed to see, but what we are actually seeing and reengineer it as faithful as possible :-)

w.