Re: Moving the License Forward
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:16:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jeff Findley wrote:
I would hope that any changes made to a part file would include attribution
to the original author(s).  Perhaps this should be spelled out in the
license?

That might be a good idea.  We do have standing policies for most situations;
everything from making minor fixes to using someone else's code in a new part to
rearranging an existing file into new file(s) to entirely rewriting an existing
part.

We might also want to consider updating the format of the 0 Name: line, to use
the author's ldraw.org userid instead of (or in addition to) a real name.

Steve