Re: Moving the License Forward
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:32:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:
By submitting parts to the Parts Tracker, the Author grants permission to other
authors to modify their work and resubmit the revised work to the library.
LDraw.org members may create derivative works of submitted parts, using in whole
or in part the code from the submitted parts for the purposes of creating
additional parts to submit to the library.

I would hope that any changes made to a part file would include attribution to
the original author(s).  Perhaps this should be spelled out in the license?

Other than this one little issue, I like what I see.  Putting these two licenses
into place will be a huge step forward for the entire LDraw community.

Jeff