 Administrative / General / 6559
Re: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 08:55:11 GMT

Helge,

Thanks for letting us know what you are doing and that you are stoping your
E-mails.  I would note however that probably the main reason you only got 1
negative e-mail as feed back is probably because most Internet providers and
E-mail services recommend very strongly not to ever respond to SPAM e-mails.
Their main reasoning for this is because all responding to a SPAM does (even • if
it is to remove yourself from the list) is let that SPAM know they have a real
person behind the E-mail address.  Then more likely then not you will receive
even more SPAM not less.

The note is taken, and I will have this in mind in the future.

Therefore it is my personal practice never to reply to SPAM and only to put
SPAMers on my Kill list so that further E-mails get blocked.

And I repeat my statement from my ather posting in this discussion:

I have NOT harvested mail addresses from Lugnet or ebay. All mail addresses
has come into my system through other mails.

Well I will take your word for it although I know I have never E-mailed you • and
I don't remember any E-mails we were both on but I guess its possible.  Either
way I know we have never conversed before.

Both Jeremy Sproat and Eric Kingsley has been send a mail with a copy of the
mail where I got their email address. I will do the same for anybody else that
are interested.

Regards,
Helge

Eric Kingsley