 Administrative / General / 6521
Re: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 23:23:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
I just got spammed from Helge Viker; he's trying to pawn Lego sets onto me.  I
have never had business with him before.  In his e-mail, he says,
Same here.

"(...)"

So I suppose that my e-mail address *SNEAKED* into his "mail account".  Yes,
that's right, my e-mail address is intelligent, prehensile, and has a mood of
its own.  And I have to ask him to remove my name from his list.
Indeed. And the recipient list is not displayed, right?

Furthermore, he's doing said business through a HOTMAIL account.  That scores
points.  He strikes me as not too bright and particularly rude
It may have been unwanted but I don't think it's rude. He says he's started a
small business to sell Lego. Let him, I for one couldn't care less he sent me
such a mail once in a while, which is not an invitation for anyone to do so,
however. He should have posted here or on RTL instead of sending people
possibly unwanted mails, though.

Regards,
Torsten