 Administrative / General / 6526
Re: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 00:57:21 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Hey all,

I just got spammed from Helge Viker; he's trying to pawn Lego sets onto me.  I
have never had business with him before.  In his e-mail, he says,

"This mail is going out to all I have had contact with over the past half
year.  Many of you have bought from me already, but some mail addresses has
sneaked into my lego mail account, through mails from others.  I intend to
send out a mail like this monthly or bimonthly. So, if do not want to get
this kind of mail from me, just let me know, and I will remove you from my
mailing list immediately."

So I suppose that my e-mail address *SNEAKED* into his "mail account".  Yes,
that's right, my e-mail address is intelligent, prehensile, and has a mood of
its own.  And I have to ask him to remove my name from his list.

Furthermore, he's doing said business through a HOTMAIL account.  That scores
points.  He strikes me as not too bright and particularly rude, and he's going
into my killfile.
He's not a rude guy. I have bought some Lego from him in the past and the deal
went very well. He's giving a real offer and I'm keeping his mail in case
there's something I want. If you don't trust his offer and are not interested,
then delete the mail. But, this is a public forum and you are giving the guy a
bad name. You could have asked a question on Lugnet such as "Has anyone heard
of a guy named Helge Viker? Is he a good dealer in Lego?" That would have been
much nicer and still would have alerted the Lego user community of the email
you received from him.

Helge, get a clue.  Jeez.

Cheers,
- jsproat

I think the mistake a lot of us make
is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.