 Administrative / General / 6551
Re: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 21:20:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
Well I'm not one for me too posts but ME TOO.  I got this E-mail to and it is
fairly obvious you more than likely got the E-mails from either LUGNET (Most
Likely) or Ebay.  Seeing I don't use RTL he would not have seen my E-mail
their and while I have participated in a Couple of Ebay auctions my visibility
their has been minimal.

Anyways I agree Jeremy,  Get a Clue.

Eric Kingsley

Well-- an interesting note on this... I got email from him on my OTHER email
account, NOT on the one I usually post to LUGNET from... In fact, I don't think
the LUGNET system even 'knows' about that email address... It never went out
on RTL either (to the best of my knowledge). I DID have it on ebay for a short
amount of time, though. And it also appears on my webpage. But other than
that, it's really never showed up a lot... In short, it's not an easy email to
track down, whereas my current LUGNET/Ebay/etc address is much easier to
locate.

I DO know, however, that I took place in several auctions (none from him) with
the less-used account, and that someone ELSE has also found it for a similar
'spam' list. (actually, it COULD have been him I suppose, I recall being
similarly disinterested the 1st time I recieved the email-- I wasn't really
paying attention to the sender's name).

Anyway, it looks highly odd-- but it looks like he didn't track MY email at
least from Ebay or LUGNET. (I think I've been more frequent on Ebay than Eric,
but probably not on LUGNET-- and certainly not as much as Jsproat :) [dunno
'bout his frequency on ebay tho]) I expect he honestly did retrieve my email
from past mass-emailing auctions that I've taken place in, back in my early
days of emerging into the online Lego community...

(I'm not approving of his action-- I'm not outraged, more just bothered. And he
certainly shouldn't go around spamming... But from my end, it looks like he
hasn't been harvesting from Ebay or LUGNET... or at least, if he did, he didn't
get as far as my email, which I suppose isn't saying much... just $.02 more...)

DaveE