 Administrative / General / 6538
Re: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 17:20:41 GMT

I suggest that Todd give him a warning, in private, about sending spam.

He could point out that posting reaches a wider audience, and he is more likely
to gain customers.

Paul Sinasohn

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
So here is MY blunt opinion on this subject - it's WRONG.  Mr. Viker should
not presume on my time and privacy by spamming me with MULTIPLE solicitations
like this.  It is obvious he put no effort into personalizing this list,
otherwise he wouldn't have sent it to me at two addresses.

Helge Viker currently posts on LUGNET in .market.buy-sell-trade.  Which raises
the question:  Should administrative steps be taken against him for harvesting
addresses from LUGNET for spam?

Cheers,
- jsproat