 Administrative / General / 6527
Re: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 01:04:48 GMT

He's not a rude guy. I have bought some Lego from him in the past and the deal
went very well. He's giving a real offer and I'm keeping his mail in case
there's something I want. If you don't trust his offer and are not interested,
then delete the mail. But, this is a public forum and you are giving the guy a
bad name. You could have asked a question on Lugnet such as "Has anyone heard
of a guy named Helge Viker? Is he a good dealer in Lego?" That would have been
much nicer and still would have alerted the Lego user community of the email
you received from him.

Well I agree that LUGNET is a public forum and that is why he should have
posted here.  I am sorry but my E-mail is not a public forum for people to send
me unwanted E-mail.

Also he may be a good dealer but that doesn't mean I want his E-mail.  In my
view this was just a version of SPAM and I have no respect for Spamers and I
have no problem with publicly scolding Helge for his inappropriate
solicitations.

Eric Kingsley