 Administrative / General / 6520
WARNING: spam from Helge Viker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 21:50:19 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hey all,

I just got spammed from Helge Viker; he's trying to pawn Lego sets onto me.  I
have never had business with him before.  In his e-mail, he says,

"This mail is going out to all I have had contact with over the past half
year.  Many of you have bought from me already, but some mail addresses has
sneaked into my lego mail account, through mails from others.  I intend to
send out a mail like this monthly or bimonthly. So, if do not want to get
this kind of mail from me, just let me know, and I will remove you from my
mailing list immediately."

So I suppose that my e-mail address *SNEAKED* into his "mail account".  Yes,
that's right, my e-mail address is intelligent, prehensile, and has a mood of
its own.  And I have to ask him to remove my name from his list.

Furthermore, he's doing said business through a HOTMAIL account.  That scores
points.  He strikes me as not too bright and particularly rude, and he's going
into my killfile.

Helge, get a clue.  Jeez.

Cheers,
- jsproat

I think the mistake a lot of us make
  is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.