 Administrative / Database / 597
Re: Itty-bitty LEGO set looker-upper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:59:15 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.database, Frank Filz writes:
I do like the arrangement of the data better than the Pause DB. Have you
considered changing Pause to list the data across the top in a similar
format (or at least have an option for such)?

Oya, definitely.  It's partly a prototype and experiment at simpler
presentation.  Here's a mock-up screenshot, for example, which Suzanne
made earlier this year:

  http://www.lugnet.com/temp/db/browsesample4910.gif

Todd, this mock-up looks great.  Is this something that might become reality
someday?  This looks very usable--might even cause several personal Lego set
databases to go out-of-use.

One thing that I would like is for the actual personal data to be stored on my
own computer.  A directory on my computer to store this information to be used
by the Lugnet query is what I am thinking.  Then, this information in some
kind of text or DB format could be harvested by other non-lugnet applications
including the ability to edit/append.
I don't know how complicated this would be--and obviously would be an option
as there would likely be many folks who would not want this feature for a
number of reasons.

Keep working on it, though, and someday Lugnet will be one of the best user-
based websites in the world (if it not already).

__Kevin Salm__